House Fire Destroys Couple's Home In Smyrna

By: Zachary Meseck

House fire destroys couple's home in Smyrna

SMYRNA – A house fire started by a grill burned down a family's home in Smyrna on June 13, and if not for their dog waking them, the family said they may not have made it out alive.

According to the family's GoFundMe page organized by one of the victim's mother, Rondi Radtke, the residents managed to save all of their rescue dogs, but the home was completely destroyed.

"My daughter Sarah, and her husband Matt Hill were asleep, they woke to a loud popping noise, their dog Wes started to growl," stated Radtke.

Radtke said after waking up to a loud popping noise, Matt Hill went downstairs to see that the family's deck was engulfed in flames.

She said within minutes the home was turned into an inferno, and because there wasn't cellular service, her daughter Sarah had to drive up to a neighbor's home to call the fire department.

"As she left the house she heard one explosion after another as the windows of the house blew out," said Radtke.

..




Comments


pennysaver logo
Shop4Autos logo
greatgetaways logo
Official Evening Sun Facebook Official Evening Sun Twitter